Expert Guide To Playing At A PayPal Casino Canada
Playing at a PayPal Casino Canada is undeniably one of the best gaming experiences you'll ever have. This e-wallet is extremely popular, with a userbase of nearly 350 million. It's regularly used for various internet banking transactions, especially payments of goods and services, and it gets points for security, speed and reliability. As a top payment method, it is only available at the best online casinos, and we've got them right here at CasinoList.
We'd like to break the ice early on and inform you that, due to legal issues, this option is unavailable to gamble online in Canada. Nonetheless, players are not restricted from joining casinos that accept PayPal. You can join reliable PayPal casinos and use any of the alternative solutions available. That way, you still benefit from tons of casino games, bonuses, and loads of entertainment.
Our PayPal Review
Paypal casinos sure know how to deliver on all the good stuff. The payment service provider has an excellent track record that has led to its exponential growth over the past decade. It rivals the traditional deposit options like Mastercard and Visa and offers a good number of advantages.
Advantages of Using Paypal
Being one of the best e-wallets in the world says a lot about PayPal already. At the online casino, there are several benefits to using this method:
- It’s easy to sign up on PayPal and link to your casino account.
- It offers minimum deposits that are friendly for low rollers, and high rollers can deposit heftier amounts if they wish.
- It allows instant deposits, and withdrawal processing is carried out within a day.
- Standard transactions do not require any processing fee.
- It provides a high level of security for both ingoing and outgoing transfers.
- You can add multiple cards and payment options for flexibility.
- The PayPal account has settings that allow you to limit the amount you deposit at the casino. You can control your spending and prevent addiction.
Disadvantages of Using PayPal
This casino payment isn’t without drawbacks, but luckily its disadvantages are fewer in respect to its benefits:
- This service is an intermediary between your bank and merchants (in this case, the casino). It is not a direct payment system, so you have to first deposit into your PayPal account before depositing at the casino.
- Even though it has a large userbase, it is still unavailable in many countries, and legal PayPal casinos are scarce in Canada.
- There could be limitations for players who wish to claim a welcome bonus by depositing with PayPal.
Availability in Canada
PayPal is prevalent in North America from where it originates, so Canadians can perform various online banking transactions, including online shopping and internet subscriptions. On the contrary, when casino gambling is concerned, casinos with PayPal are a rarity in the territory. The major reason being legal issues.
However, the online casino industry is known to evolve rapidly. So it’s not farfetched to say that we might begin seeing more betting sites where Canadians can actually deposit and withdraw using the method.
We will be taking this CasinoList review more in-depth by considering all aspects of this payment method and what players stand to gain from playing at PayPal casinos in Canada.
Main Features of PayPal Casinos
PayPal has got many factors working in its favour. It supports both deposits and withdrawals and provides privacy, security, and speed. The transaction limits with this method cover a wide range, and there are almost no fees to worry out.
There is also the fact that players can access the mobile PayPal platform through a web browser or with a mobile app. Keep reading as we elaborate on all these and a host of other features that make this method an appealing casino solution.
PayPal doesn’t only allow casino deposits but also helps you cash out on your winnings. It provides a two-way solution for online casino transactions.
Further down, we will include a step-by-step guide on how to use PayPal to withdraw at the casino.
Legality of PayPal As A Casino Payment Method in Canada
As it stands, government legislation prevents players from using this method to fund their sports betting and online casino accounts. This doesn’t hinder you from facilitating transactions to and from different accounts, but you’ll have to opt for other means when making direct payments to the casino.
Fortunately, the situation is not all gloomy as there are several alternative methods you can use to do this, including credit cards, debit cards, wire transfer, prepaid cards and other e-wallets.
PayPal is one of the most affordable, in terms of processing fees. Standard payments with this method do not carry any taxes for players. You may incur minimal fees when making an instant bank transfer or with cross-border transactions.
PayPal instant transfer to your bank account will charge 1% of the amount, and caps at C$10 per transaction. The currency conversion fee for cross-border transfers begins at 3.5% for US and Canadian dollars.
The best online casinos like those on our site will charge little to no fees for players. You can expect to deposit and withdraw your money in full from the casino. Note that there are often minimum and maximum limits for deposits and withdrawals.
Minimum and Maximum Limits
The minimum deposit limit often accommodates very low bets. It may also be lower than the least amount to claim the bonus, so make sure to check this if you’re a bonus seeker. On the other hand, the maximum withdrawal is the highest amount that the casino is willing or is able to payout. Since casinos differ, so will these limits at individual sites.
Playzee, Leo Vegas, and Jackpot City are some of the top online casinos in Canada with this payment option. Players can deposit casino funds as low as C$5 at these sites. Once you sign in, you’ll be able to check the maximum amount on the payments page. Your betting patterns may determine the limit allowed for your account. Verified PayPal accounts have a daily limit of C$10,000, so the casino max cap cannot exceed this amount.
Speedy Deposits and Withdrawals
One of the reasons why PayPal deposits are a popular choice is because they are instant. Players will get funds in their casino account within seconds of the transfer. This means you can start playing your favourite slots and casino games right away.
The concept of fast withdrawals is relative. Verification always takes some time, so the process is never immediate. However, considering the payout times for other methods, it is much quicker to cash out using PayPal. The average PayPal withdrawal takes 24 – 48 hours to process. Some casinos have a longer verification process, which could extend the waiting time. But you should be credited in no longer than three days.
Privacy With PayPal Payments
Online gambling with PayPal is an excellent way to avoid your casino gaming record from appearing on your bank statement. This service acts as a middleman between your bank and the casino, so there is no direct link between you and your casino online payments.
The service also requests minimal data (your name and email address) during sign up, so your sensitive information doesn’t have to be at risk.
Security Measures Available
Security protocols are paramount for any payment system, and PayPal uses three kinds:
- Buyer Protection – This guarantees that you get value for your money. PayPal will reimburse you if the merchant doesn’t match your payment.
- Fraud Protection – Using the latest cryptosecurity technologies, PayPal is able to prevent phishing, identity theft and other similar internet crimes.
- Data Encryption – PayPal uses top-level Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to prevent data breaches.
The PayPal Mobile Experience
Everything is possible on a mobile phone these days, and players will find that PayPal mobile casinos are seamless and user-friendly. The top Paypal online casino sites on our list are also mobile-focused. You can access the casino with your phone either on the mobile website or through a dedicated Android or iOS app.
The best part is that mobile gaming also allows easy navigation for beginners. On that note, let’s delve a bit into the basics of PayPal casinos to better enlighten players who are new to the payment method and online gambling in general.
Getting To Know PayPal at The Online Casino
CasinoList understands that first-timers can get overwhelmed at the start of their casino experience. So we will be looking at the basics of this e-wallet and how it works. We will also take a step-by-step approach to explain how to carry out casino deposits and withdrawals from the ground up.
What Exactly is PayPal?
PayPal is an e-wallet company that provides services for online banking transactions. The term e-wallet is short for electronic wallet and is a digital purse where you can store funds on the internet. E-wallet payment services act as intermediaries between your bank account and online merchants, and that’s exactly what PayPal does.
You can load your PayPal account using your bank card and then deposit at the casino with the former. This payment method allows you can make both deposits and withdrawals. You can also control all your real money casino gambling expenses in one place.
How To Deposit: Step-by-Step
Making deposits at the top online casinos is always a swift and easy process. With PayPal, it is even more convenient. You may already have an account set up if you use this method for regular online banking transactions. If you don’t, you can create a PayPal account for free in a few minutes, then follow these 5 simple steps:
- Pick an operator from our list of recommended casino sites and register.
- Head to the “Cashier” section and select “Deposit.”
- Select PayPal from the options available
- Enter the amount you wish to transfer. Make sure you’ve already loaded your e-wallet account with enough funds.
- Hit the confirm payment button and start playing
How To Withdraw: Step-by-Step
As we cited earlier, withdrawals are available with PayPal. Just like deposits, it is also a five step process:
- Head once again to the “Cashier” section on your profile
- This time choose “Withdrawals” and select “PayPal.”
- Choose the desired amount and confirm the transaction
- The casino may ask you to submit a copy of your driver’s license, passport, bank statement or similar documents. This is part of the KYC (Know Your Customer) procedure that Canadian online casinos use to verify players’ identities.
- Once your request is accepted, you’ll have to wait for the funds to be made available.
Other Uses of This E-wallet
Before entering the online gambling scene, PayPal has long been used to facilitate several online payments. It is used to send and receive money locally and internationally and is supported by all major Canadian banks. When the recipients are friends and family, PayPal charges zero fees.
E-commerce companies like Amazon and eBay also accept payments via PayPal. There is a massive customer base of both buyers and merchants using this method.
What To Expect At PayPal Casinos?
The simple answer is – just about everything you could wish for at the casino.
Any online casino that accepts PayPal will guarantee a fantastic experience from sign up to cashouts and everything in between. Gear up to enjoy the best games and the most incredible casino bonuses. Keep reading to find out more.
A Variety of Games
These sites have as many games as you’ll find when playing with other popular payment methods. The gaming categories available include:
- Online slots – The famous one-armed bandits have very nearly overtaken the online casino. You can find hundreds of slots online and as many as a thousand at the most prominent sites. There is so much to keep you mesmerized on the reels. From wilds to scatters to free spins bonus rounds, slot machine gameplay is nothing short of magic.
- Table Games – Online Roulette, Blackjack, Baccarat, Video Poker, Craps and more make up the selection of table games at PayPal casinos. You are free to take your pick or try them all. These are not only entertaining, but the average payout rates are also favourable.
- Live Dealer Games – Live casino PayPal payments are the easiest way to fund your bets at the live dealer table. Go against the human dealer in Live Blackjack or watch the croupier spin the giant wheel in a game of Live Dream Catcher.
- Progressive Jackpots – These games are not your average video slots. Progressive jackpots can turn anyone into a millionaire overnight. Popular titles include Mega Moolah, Divine Fortune, Age of the gods and more.
There are also a ton of specialty games like Bingo, Scratch Cards and Lotteries to enjoy.
Claim Your Casino Bonus With PayPal
Online casino PayPal payments trigger some of the best welcome bonuses for players. You can get all the same offers as you would with other payment methods, and even more. PayPal is a great choice for claiming that 1st deposit bonus. New players can benefit from match bonus offers, extra spins or a combo welcome package. With this method, existing players can also avail of reload bonuses, cashbacks and loyalty rewards.
You will also occasionally find casino promotions that are exclusive to PayPal deposits. That’s certainly an extra perk you won’t want to miss. Remember to check the minimum deposit amount required to activate the bonus.
Some More Info on PayPal
We’ve established the reliability of PayPal in an online casino, and for other online banking purposes. But you’re probably wondering who the people behind this financial service are? And how did it begin?
So let’s take a quick look at the company’s back story and its rise to fame.
About The Company
San Jose, California is where PayPal is based. The company was first launched in 1998 under the name Confinity. It had three founding members – Ken Howery, Max Levchin, and Luke Nosek. It would later merge with X.com, whose CEOs, Elon Musk and Peter Thiel, made significant contributions.
Through the years, it’s made dozens of acquisitions and opened up several other offices within the US and across the globe. It’s currently available in over 200 countries and supports 25 currencies. The company has about 350 million active registered accounts as of 2020.
For all its combined services and operations worldwide, PayPal has 23,200 employees on its payroll. Its core values include collaboration, demonstrating integrity, trust, respect, empathy, innovation, wellness and inclusion. According to the PayPal vision statement, the company believes in the right to participate fully in the global economy and empower people.
PayPal has grown to worldwide success in the 22 years since its inception. It’s gone from a light bulb idea to becoming a subsidiary of eBay and spinning off as an independent brand. Here are the prominent company milestones:
1998 – Established as Confinity
2001 – Merged with X.com (an online banking company), and took up the name PayPal
2002 – Had its initial public offering and was acquired by eBay
2005 – Acquired VeriSign
2007 – Partnership with Mastercard and launch of the PayPal Secure Card Service
2010 – Reached 100 million users in 190 countries
2015 – Became an independent company
2020 – Ranked 182nd on the Fortune 500 list of largest US corporations.
Present and Future
PayPal CFO John Rainey, in a recent interview, spoke about the company’s future projects and mentioned that PayPal had always planned to split from eBay and become independent. It will continue to be a payment option for eBay purchases, but the company is looking to partner with other e-commerce giants like Amazon and Alibaba.
Rainey also stated that the service aims to become a daily-use digital pocket where shoppers can handle their funds, rewards and payments. Now that its 5-year settlement plan from eBay is expired, it has the full freedom to become more than just a funds processor.
Alternative Online Payment Methods for Canadian Players
Even though several online casinos accept Paypal, Canadian players cannot deposit or withdraw with this method. However, when playing at the best PayPal online casinos, players can use any of the following alternatives:
- Card payments – Debit and credit card services like Visa and Mastercard are the most popular among players in Canada. They allow swift deposits and are very secure.
- Other e-wallets – Players can manage their casino gaming cashflow with other electronic wallets like InstaDebit, Web Money, and AdvCash.
- Prepaid Cards – With prepaid cards, you can forget about creating accounts or memorizing cumbersome passwords. Just purchase Neosurf, Paysafecard, or Vanilla Prepaid vouchers at any of the retail outlets across the country.
- Instant Bank Transfer – Secure e-transfers like iDebit or Interac, let you carry out speedy transactions directly from your bank account.
PayPal vs. Other Payment Methods
Here’s a quick overview of the alternative banking methods when you choose PayPal casino sites:
|Method||Deposit Time||Payout Time||Top Pros||Top Cons|
|Visa||Instant||1-5 days||Widely accepted||Usually not accepted for withdrawals|
|Mastercard||Instant||1-5 days||Widely accepted||Usually not accepted for withdrawals|
|InstaDebit||Instant||Up to 10 days||Easy to setup||Extended processing time|
|Web Money||Instant||Instant||Works for deposits and withdrawals||Requires account creation|
|Neosurf||Instant||N/A||Allows swift deposits||Only suitable for small payments|
|Paysafecard||Instant||N/A||Extremely popular in Canada||Doesn’t support withdrawals|
|iDebit||Instant||Instant||Uses 128-bit SSL encryption technology||Limited to Canada|
|Interac||Instant||Instant||Super fast transactions||High transaction fees|
|Bitcoin||Instant||Instant||Allows players remain anonymous||Only available at a few casinos|
|Boku||instant||N/A||Monthly billing provides credit funds||Can’t handle large deposits|
Players are free to use one or more of these alternatives at PayPal casinos. To optimize your gambling experience, the next section will include a list of deposit and withdrawal tips compiled by our experts at CasinoList.
Tips For Online Casino PayPal Payments
- Always check the minimum amount for bonus claiming before you make your first deposit
- Check if there are exclusive PayPal promotions ongoing and take advantage of them
- Before claiming any bonus, you should read the terms and conditions first
- Use PayPal deposit limit settings to manage your bankroll effectively
- Ensure you provide the casino with valid documentation to avoid extended processing delays for your Paypal withdrawal
The Complete Casino Payment Solution
It’s always beneficial to play at a PayPal casino Canada. Firstly, these sites are the best in terms of casino offerings, and the presence of the e-wallet is the cherry on top. This payment service provides a complete solution for managing your casino deposits and withdrawals with security, speed and flexibility to boot.
Creating an account is possible in only a few steps, and so is making deposits and withdrawals. Finally, the possibility of getting exclusive PayPal bonuses seals the deal.
There aren’t many payment methods as reliable as Paypal, and there aren’t many casinos as trustworthy as PayPal casinos. I’ve gotten some very memorable experiences playing on these sites. Plus, there are numerous alternative deposit and withdrawal options, so I really can’t complain about the restriction on PayPal.
Even though the option itself is not available at the moment, I’m quite hopeful the day will come when we’ll be seeing legal online casino PayPal payments in Canada. The online casino industry is anything but constant, so it’s also very likely that the current laws will loosen up in the future.
Can I withdraw my casino winnings with PayPal?
Yes, this e-wallet allows players to perform both deposits and withdrawals.
Is PayPal Trustworthy?
The payment service company has a long-standing history in the online banking sector. It’s had a near spotless track record throughout the 22 years in operation, so Paypal is definitely trustworthy.
Can I use chargeback with PayPal?
Yes, you can request a chargeback from your credit card company on PayPal purchases. PayPal also offers buyer protection, so you get a reimbursement whenever the seller doesn’t fulfill their end of the bargain.
Is PayPal mobile friendly?
Players can easily access PayPal casinos on mobile. There are also mobile apps for Androids and iOS, and you can download them from iTunes or the Google store.
Are there transfer fees with PayPal?
Depositing into your PayPal account is free, while withdrawals to your bank account may carry a C$0.50 charge. Deposits and withdrawals at most casinos come with very low rates or none at all.
Do I have to open a PayPal account to use the service?
Yes, you need to sign up to PayPal to send, spend or receive money. However, the account creation process is simple and straightforward.